Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do I figure out my future GPA?

I currently have a 3.17 GPA. This semester I am taking 4 courses, all worth 3 units each. If I end the semester with 3 Bs and 1 F, what will my GPA be?How do I figure out my future GPA?
When calculating a GPA, each of the letter grades are assigned a different value:


A - 4


B - 3


C - 2


D - 1


F - 0





To calculate a semester GPA, multiply the credit hours (units) for each class by the grade number that you receive in that class and divide by the total number of credit hours (units) taken that semester.





To calculate your semester GPA:


GPA = [(3 units) x (3) + (3 units) x (3) + (3 units) x (3) + (3 units) x (0)] / (4 x 3 units)


GPA = (27) / (12)


GPA = 2.25





So the GPA for the current semester would be 2.25.


To calculate an overall GPA update from 3.17, you would need to use the same process for all the classes you have taken so far. You can't just average them unfortunately. The reason for this is because your total GPA reflects your overall grade average for all classes that you have taken.How do I figure out my future GPA?
You have to find the average. Each grade has a number:





A=4


B=3


C=2


D=1


F=0





You took a total of 4 classes.You have 3 B's so 3+3+3=9. Your F isn't worth anything. To find the average you have to divide.





9/4=2.25





That's your GPA for this term. to get your overall. You have to add the 2 GPA's and then divide by 2.





(3.17+2.25)/2= 2.71





That's what your final GPA would be.
Actually you would need to know how many points and hours you have accumulated multiply 9 (B) hours times 3 and add the 12 hours you completed this semester to the total and divide the points by the hours for your average. (I bet your not studying math. LOL)
That will be a 2.25 for the semester. for a cumulative score for 2.71.





That F really messes you up.
with the 3 b's and 1 f the gpa will be 2.5 so you average that into the 3.17 gpa so it would be 2.9 overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment