Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Moving from state to state, how much do I figure out how much I need to save?

I am wanting to move from Kentucky to a different state. Actually Florida for many reasons. I know I need to calculate how much to get me there, at least Which would be gas, a U-Haul and for food and drink. Cause I know on my vacation it took me $80 to get there. But also should I try to configure for a place to stay like an apartment to save up enough to last me a while, while I search for a job and enough for other expensese such as phone and tv, at least? I am not sure where to turn to, to really find out such information. If anyone knows of a site that could help me or can give advice, please let me know. Thanks in advance.Moving from state to state, how much do I figure out how much I need to save?
My husband and I moved from Chicago to Dallas (and back again). WE always made sure we had more than enough money for the fuel, food, drinks, lodging along the way etc. We also had extra money for unexpected car repairs(we took 2 vehicles) and money to set us up in an apartment for at least 3 months. We were lucky, we had jobs waiting for each move, however on the last move, the U haul broke down and delayed us for 3 days. WE had to pay for our lodging out of our own pocket and were reimbursed in the end. Just make sure you have MORE than enough to survive. Don't try to do it on a shoe string budget.Moving from state to state, how much do I figure out how much I need to save?
You will need a place set up in Florida prior to moving unless you have friends you can stay with. that's at least 1st and last rent plus security. Utilities would need to be turned on. What type of work to you do now and is that available in Florida. If not go to a temp agency to help you get stared. there is also packing supplies u-haul rental (one-way). food and any lodging if it takes longer than a day to drive Hope this gets you thinking
I would check out apartment retal sites and moving sites that help you calculate and plan the move like rent. net or apartments.com
  • ie tab
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment