Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do you replace front blinker lights on 1990 Honda Civic EX. I can't figure it out for the life of me!?

Where is the bulb located so that I can replace it. When I lift the hood, I can only seem to find my headlight bulb and my high beams bulb. I bought used, do NOT have owner's manual, help would be appreciated.How do you replace front blinker lights on 1990 Honda Civic EX. I can't figure it out for the life of me!?
MY CRASH BOOK ONLY GOES BACK TO 1992 . THE HEAD-LITE AND SIGNAL LAMP AT THAT TIME WAS TWO SEPARATE PISCES. IF THAT'S THE CASE ON YOUR 1990 WITH HOOD OPEN LOOK FOR A SCREW IMMEDIATELY TO THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE HEAD-LITE VERY CLOSE TO THE FENDER.YOU WILL BE LOOKING DOWN ON THE SCREW HEAD.IF IT'S THERE REMOVE AND PULL/PRY ON THE MARKER LAMP TO REMOVE. SOMETIME THERE IS A MALE/FEMALE FASTENER AT THE BACK OF THE ASSEMBLY THAT CAN OFFER RESISTANCE.How do you replace front blinker lights on 1990 Honda Civic EX. I can't figure it out for the life of me!?
wal mart changes bulbs cheap just watch them do it for the next time
You'll need to remove the side fender. There are 3 bolts holding the top, one behind the door hinge, and several small ones underneath. You'll need a socket wrench extension to reach the bolt between the door hinge.





Once you've removed the side fender, you should have full access to your side blinker light and the bulb.





Good luck!
Well..somewhere under there is the socket for the bulb... it may be that your headlight/directional is one assembly..therefore..there should still be the socket for the directionals...you may not have gone deep enough to locate the sockets for the directional bulb...





Check for screws or a trim ring of some sort to do it from the outside...or you may have to disassemble other parts to get to the directional bulb.





If all else fails...call the dealer..and they could tell you what's involved to change the bulbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment