Monday, December 21, 2009

Received a water bill for $4,700 for 4 months. How do I figure out if someone has tapped into my line?

I can't think of any other logical explanation.Received a water bill for $4,700 for 4 months. How do I figure out if someone has tapped into my line?
You could have a leak, or they could have read your meter wrong. I would go out and check the meter and see if they might have gotten a number wrong, or ask the water company to come back out and check it. You can also check for a leak by turning off ALL the water to the house and then checking the meter to see if it is still runningReceived a water bill for $4,700 for 4 months. How do I figure out if someone has tapped into my line?
The entire city would have to be tapped into your line for that kind of bill. Plus, most water ';meters'; are INSIDE your home. You'd see the (4';) tap. Sounds more like you have a wide open faucet or a wicked leak.
Call the water company and have them come to the house and check for leaks. If you have a busted pipe under the house that could be the cause of your high water bill.
Does it tell u how many gallons are used? It could be just a weird mistake. Call the utility company, and maybe start looking for leaks like the other posters say. Good Luck
Sounds like a leak somewhere. We had a situation with an irrigation system that cost us a small fortune.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment