Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Help me figure out a sleep schedule for my 6 month old baby?

My little girl is 6 months old and I'm having trouble getting her on a good sleep schedule - any suggestions? I'd like to find something that works with her natural sleep ';patterns'; but also is predictable enough that I can plan my day around it.





So far these are her sleep ';patterns'; that I've observed: She will sleep for an average of 12 total hrs during a 24 hr period. Her night sleep will be 9-11 hours (with one waking for a quick bottle) and her day naps will be 1-3 hours. When she takes short naps during the day (2 naps of 30-45 min each) she will sleep longer at night (10-11 hours). If she takes longer naps during the day (2 naps of 1-1.5 hr each) she will sleep shorter at night (9-10 hrs). She will only take 2 naps per day (one morning, one afternoon) - if I try for a 3rd nap she will fight it unless we're in the car.





How should I arrange our daily schedule? Should I use set clock times for naps/bedtime? Or should I go by how many hours of awake time between sleeps?Help me figure out a sleep schedule for my 6 month old baby?
Get the book ';On Becoming Babywise'; It's got great information on getting your baby on a schedule.
  • ie tab
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment