Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How to figure out my vocal range?

Im a very powerful singer, and I am a mezzo belter, thus I can hit many alto and soprano notes.


I just want to figure out my range. Ive never had a true vocal teacher, I kind of just taught myself, I can do all I can now because of what I taught myself, I guess.


Ive seen like, E2-G5 format or whatever, that was just a random example.


How can I figure that out for myself?How to figure out my vocal range?
Generally, you should not try to figure out your own range especially if you don't have proper instruction.





However, if you want to get some ballpark guess, do this.





Sing as low as you can sing comfortably without lowering your larynx, straining, or abducting. Find the note on a piano, computer, etc. That is the lowest note in your range. You should be able to easily sustain the note.





Now repeat the process while singing as high as you comfortably can. Finding the top of your range is a little more difficult because usually you can not count whistle or any disconnected notes you might have. That is the highest note in your range. You should also be able to sustain that note.





You might have more extreme low and high notes that you can occasionally hit but, in general, you should try to stay within your comfortable range and improve your extreme range through training. You should also be careful to try not to sing too long in either your extreme high or low notes especially without warming up.How to figure out my vocal range?
try singing '; Jesus loves me';. After that sing that song again but with a 1 tone higher... and again... and again... if you can't sing any further, then that's your focal range...

No comments:

Post a Comment