Saturday, December 26, 2009

Who is the more important African American figure in today's society?

1. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.


2. Malcolm X


3. Tupac Shakur


4. Notorious B.I.G.Who is the more important African American figure in today's society?
I will go in importance to me-





MLK


Tupac


Malcolm X


Notorious B.I.G





It may seem ias that i chose Tupac before Biggie since i am from the West COast but his lyrics always made sense to me. His songs like ';Dear Mama'; or ';Changes'; or any actually have a meaning to them, whether thaey are apparent or not.





Okay now the reasons why i put them in that order





MLK- Remembered the most, most iconic figure in the fight gainst discrimination. Everyone knows him, and everyone loves and appreciates him.





Tupac- Reasons above





Malcolm X- 2nd most iconic figure to me in fight against discrimination. He is usually overlooked because of the hype around MLK. More people of the black community know him than the rest.





B.I.G- He is last because I don't seem him as imortant as the others and I am entitled to my opinion about that. That's it.Who is the more important African American figure in today's society?
I choose Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.


Why?


Because he was one of the people who made it possible for African Americans to sit in the front of the bus and tried to solve civil rights without violence and he made that moving '; I have a dream'; speech
Snoop dog
Dr Martin Luther King Jr.
Easily MLK. Who else has a national holiday?
Bill Cosby


Have you ever listen to his message to black society?
Excelent question, I choose 5. Barack O'Bama. Could be the first African American President!

No comments:

Post a Comment