Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is it harder for people who have a natural turn out to learn how to figure skate?

I am taking figure skating lessons right now and am having difficulty with certain moves that involve pointing my toes in since i have a tendency to point my toes out. Moves such as swivels, footballs, pumps etc, a two foot stop....





will my turn out affect future skating? or just the entry level moves?Is it harder for people who have a natural turn out to learn how to figure skate?
It takes practice for your feet to adjust to the right form. I naturally walk on the very outsides of my feet, instead of the middle. However, It hasn't affected my competitive skating at all. Be patient, your feet will adjust with practice and more skating.


Even 1992 Olympic gold medalist Kristi Yamaguchi, who was born with club feet and needed a brace and physical therapy, pushed past the difficulties with her feet, and went on to be one of the greatest figure skaters of her time.Is it harder for people who have a natural turn out to learn how to figure skate?
It makes some moves harder and others easier. Regardless of where your toes point naturally, you are going to have to work to be able to point them the other way. My toes also point out naturally - I find the ';pointing in'; moves hard, but things like stepping forward from a back edge very easy.
It will just take practice. I had the same problem when I started, I felt like I would never be able to stop it, but thinking about it now, I dont do it anymore. It will come naturally, dont let it affect you in your mind, just forget about it...It will come!
just entry. when i started, i was pigeon toed so i felt every thing was pretty easy, but i cannot do spread eagles, bauers, and basically anything to do with turnout. u has a gift!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment